Rental property owners are always looking for ways to maximize rent, minimize operating expenses and increase resale value. You don’t have to spend money on a complete remodel to increase rental value. There are less expensive, quick ways to make your rental property appeal to the right renter. Here are the top improvements we suggest for increasing rental value.
- Upgrade bathroom showers – Bathrooms are one of the biggest selling points of a home. Simple upgrades like new modern tile and shower heads, can go a long way.
- New flooring – Carpet stains and discolored tile grout aren’t going to cut it. Investing in new flooring can add tremendous value to your home. You’ll be making money as soon as the new grout dries.
- Home staging – Having a home professionally staged will set your rental property apart from others. You’re selling a lifestyle, not just a home, so incorporate attractive furniture, beautiful lighting and luxurious bedding.
- Appliances – Newly upgraded appliances will not only look clean and modern, but will also let your buyer know they won’t have to deal with the hassle of a broken refrigerator.
- Counter tops – Outdated counter tops are a big eye sore. Installing new counter tops in the kitchen and bathrooms will add instant value to your rental property.
- Professional photos – Have a professional take photos of your property. They can capture just the right lighting so your home looks vibrant and comfortable. Believe it or not, this can help you get top dollar.
- Energy-efficient windows – Upgraded windows are appealing to renters because they help cut down on heating and cooling costs, while keeping dust and noise to a minimum.
- Fresh paint – If you’re listing a new rental property on the market, a fresh coat of paint in a neutral color will make your place look shiny and new.
- Property manager – If you don’t want to be bogged down by landlord duties, a property manager can take over the relationship with your renter. Most renters prefer having a property manager so they have someone to go to if they have an issue.
- Outdoor amenities – Especially in places where the weather is nice, a property with a great backyard or outdoor community area will appeal to renters who are willing to pay more.
At Shield Property Management, we’re committed to freeing up your precious time while boosting the success of your rental. We’ll market your property, screen potential tenants and take care of the paperwork to minimize the amount of time your property sits vacant.
For more information on Shield Property Management’s three tiers of services, contact our team today—we look forward to working with you!Contact us