Choosing a property manager is a big decision that you should take some time making. You do not want to end up in a contract with a terrible property management company simply because you did not do your due diligence. Take some time to check off some property manager requirements and ask these key questions before hiring them.
- What does your service include? What does it not include? You need to know exactly what you are getting into and what you can expect from your property manager. These questions are not only ideal to setting the expectations, but also for making sure the property management company meets your requirements.
- How long have you been in business? You should ask this to make sure that the property management company has the experience that they claim to have. You ideally want to hire a property manager who has a few years of experience so you can know your property is in good hands.
- How many properties do you currently manage and how many team members do you have? This is important so you can determine if they have enough staff to take on more properties or if they are already stretched pretty thin. You want a property management company to be available to both you and your tenants so you want a good ratio of properties to team members.
- How long does it take to get a property re-occupied? This is important to ask so that you know how efficient they are in the current market. You do not want your property to be sitting empty for months at a time so you want to make sure the company does not have a track record for this.
- What are their fees? No matter how well they pass your property manager requirements, if they have outrageous fees, then you will want to continue shopping around. It is important to know what the industry standard is as well so you can determine if they have an ideal fee structure.
Contact Shield Property Management today to see if we are the company you are looking for and to learn more about our services.Contact us